Engine units are elements that allow constructs to move through a variety of propulsion methods.
- Hover engines allow constructs to hover in planetary atmospheres, but beyond a certain altitude their efficiency decreases rapidly.
- Atmospheric engines allow constructs to fly through a planet's atmosphere, but they do not function in space.
- Space engines allow constructs to fly in space, but they do not function in a planet's atmosphere.
- Hybrid engines operate in both space and atmosphere, but less efficiently than either space or atmosphere engines.
- Faster Than Light (FLT) engines allow constructs to travel and supra-light speeds, and are typically used for travel between planets and solar systems (see Interstellar Travel). These engines only function in space.
- Adjusters are a special type of engine that applies limited directional thrust. These engines are primarily placed at strategic locations on a construct to increase turning rate and maneuverability.
- Retro engines generate artificial friction to stabilize the ship 
All engines require fuel to operate, with space and atmosphere engines requiring different types of fuel, and therefore they will not operate unless connected to a fuel tank that contains the appropriate fuel type.
The fuel requirements for other types of engines are not known at this time.
References[edit | edit source]
- Dual Universe DevDiary Updates - January 2017 | Pre-Alpha Video - Timestamp 01:35: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUTyiMjjf7w jan. 27, 2017
- Dual Universe YouTube Channel, "Dual Universe DevDiary Updates - March 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yG5DtZcdd8 04/06/2017
- Dual Universe YouTube Channel, "Dual Universe DevDiary Updates - May 2017 | Pre-Alpha Video",https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vce1qcnyTpE. Jun. 8, 2017.