|Dual Universe is currently under a .|
All players with access to the game are strictly prohibited from sharing any details about their experience or gameplay.
As such, information on this wiki may be inaccurate or outdated.
Tools in Dual Universe allow the player to perform actions in the game, from placing Elements, to Scanning, to Mining and editing Constructs. They are a part of the Avatar's Equipment and can be found on the Tool Bar at the bottom of the HUD. When used, most of the tools will consume items that can be selected in the Resource Bar at the right of the HUD.
Categories[edit | edit source]
There are currently two known categories of tools:
Exploration Tools[edit | edit source]
Exploration Tools are primarily used to interact with and effect the game world. They allow the player to edit and analyse the voxel world, deploy specific elements, and also... kill people.
|Mine Tool||Used to extract and harvest voxel materials from the world.|
|Terraform Tool||Exact opposite of the Mine Tool, it is used to fill the world with voxel materials.|
|Deploy Ground Element Tool||Used to deploy ground elements, such as Core Units, Territory Units, Light Orbs, and so on|
|Scanner Tool||A radial scanner that can detect resource nodes in the voxel world|
|Detector Tool||A directional scanner that can detect resource nodes in the voxel world|
|Refuel Tool||Used to fill fuel containers|
|Weapon||Allows the player to use weapons from their inventory|
|Information Tool||*The function of this tool is not yet known*|
|Maneuver Tool ||*The function of this tool is not yet known*|
|Construct Tool ||In pre-alpha, it allow the player to paste a construct from a blueprint.|
|Planet Smooth Tool ||Allow the players to smooth & flatten the terrain of a planet.|
Building Tools[edit | edit source]
|Deploy Element Tool||Used to place or remove elements from a construct|
|Deploy Voxel Tool||Used to deploy or remove voxels in a variety of basic shapes (cuboid, cylinder, sphere, right-angled prism or triangular pyramid) and different sizes.|
|Smooth Voxel Tool||Used to edit voxels by smoothing the edges.|
|Area Smooth Voxel Tool ||Used to edit voxels by smoothing the edges. (What differenciate this tool from the Smooth Voxel Tool is not yet known)|
|Line Voxel Tool||Used to deploy voxels from one surface to another.|
|Link Elements Tool||Used to link elements together to create interactions. For example: a button to a door, so it can open it, or a fuel tank to an engine, to provide power.|
|Select Voxel Tool||Used to select voxels by defining the edges of the selection, allowing the player to copy/paste/cut/rotate/symmetrize that voxel selection.|
|Replace Voxel Tool||Used to select voxels and replace them with another material|
|Move Element Tool||Used to re-position an element while preserving its actual configuration (links, name, lua scripts...)|
Yet unknown category name Tools[edit | edit source]
Currently the Repair Tool is the only known tool from an otherwise unknown family of tools
|Repair Tool||Used to repair damaged elements by consuming scrap materials.|
References[edit | edit source]
- Dual Universe YouTube Channel, "Dual Universe Pre-Alpha Tutorial: Tool & UI Basics | October 2017", https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCpzLs4vlis. 19/10/2017.
- Dual Universe CODEX, "Extract from Dual Universe DevDiary Updates - August 2017 | Pre-Alpha Video", https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/11624-the-codex-press-f1/. 06/09/2017.
- Dual Universe YouTube Channel, "Dual Universe Pre-Alpha Tutorial: Blueprint 101 (Preview) | February 2018", Timestamp: 0:18, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEh3TzRPCyA 09/02/2018
- @dualuniverse's Community Suggestions Trello: https://trello.com/c/An55IeZO/27-terrain-smoothing-tool Fev. 14, 2018
- Dual Universe YouTube Channel, "Dual Universe DevDiary Updates - July 2017 | Pre-Alpha Video", Timestamp: 3:01, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vrf50dZrv4. 31/07/2017.