The User Interface is what helps the player to interact with the game. Information on things such as material amounts or local radar are available on screen. Trajectory of piloted ship will be displayed to simplify maneuver. Menus are also part of the UI. Part of the UI is integrated directly into the nanoformer.
Widgets[edit | edit source]
Widgets are part of the UI which changes depending on your location. If you are in a ship, you are going to see the widgets for this particular ship. Widgets can display speed, thrust, volume of fuel... Widgets can be personalized in HTML and CSS to customize their bahaviour and appereance. The engine used to display the widget is the Coherent GT engine from Coherent Labs. The same engine is used in the Screen Unit.
Note[edit | edit source]
Not much is known about the user interface at this time apart from what can be seen in various videos.
References[edit | edit source]
- Dual Universe DevDiary Updates - May 2017 | Pre-Alpha Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vce1qcnyTpE Jun. 8, 2017
- Dual Universe DevDiary Updates - March 2017 | Pre-Alpha Video - Timestamp: 00:35: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yG5DtZcdd8 Apr; 6, 2017
- Dual Universe DevDiary Updates - February 2017 | Pre-Alpha Video - Timestamp 02:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNEgXg9vTik Mar. 10, 2017
- J.C. Baillie (@jcbaillie), Twitter, "We're using Coherent GT for UI, check it out @CoherentLabs", https://twitter.com/jcbaillie/status/892953131641958400. 08/02/2017.
- Dual Universe Website, "Technology", https://www.dualthegame.com/technology#coherent. Accessed: 08/07/2017.